View Single Post
Old 05-03-23, 02:55 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2395 Post(s)
Liked 2,952 Times in 1,611 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
Heabadge tells me early '70s. There are folks in the C&V section that could probably pinpoint it closer. I agree 100% that it's do-able, but it probably won't be simple. I expect there will be some old vs. new computability issues that will make certain parts of it more challenging to swap parts from the broken (newer) bike to this one. I would also expect some moments of real frustration. It looks like the rear derailleur hanger is missing. It's very possible i was hacked off to make give it a cleaner appearance for a single-speed setup. This can be dealt with, but it's just one of the hurdle that will have to be crossed. There may also be a 27" vs 700c wheel size challenge. Challenges mean money will probably need to be spent.
headbadge did not change a lot very similar to the 82 i had., concur more likely early 70's
I would bet it did not have a derailler hanger, but a claw derailler.... (had a 71 or so Azuki that was set up like that and had the diacomp center pull)
forgot about 700 / 27 wheel difference.

doable, but I am looking at it from having done this before and have the tools so to reassess would be challenge for someone who has not

newer frame would be lots easier