Old 05-04-23, 05:16 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,099 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Zara Sp00k
question, since males are disproportionately more likely to die by firearms than females (6 times more likely), is it sexism at work? IOW, people don't like males, or males receive fewer funding than females, people discriminate against males, males are second class citizens.... or is it something else?

Question #2 Blacks are also disproportionately more likely to die by gunshot than whites, is it racism at work? hint, the shooter is also highly likely to be black, in fact if it isn't you can bet it will be on the news

Statistics don't lie, but the people that use them do.

"This isn't a "racial thread", whatever that means anyway. It's an article about the lack of safety on bikes being experienced by certain members of our community, pointing out that one of the reasons for this is the way we as a society have invested differently in different areas when it comes to infrastructure development.

and there we go, I don't know about where you live, but where I live the inner city schools spend far more per student than suburban schools, yet the outcome is far lower, which in turn is proof to the do-gooder that the inner city schools need even more money. And yet 60 years has proven it is NOT the money spent (or as liberals like to say, ... invested)

really, this thread belongs somewhere else

So you think the problem is that black people are shooting each other with bicycles? Strain that logic a little harder and you'll need surgery. As to where the investment in bicycle infrastructure is going, I'll just quote the Omar Bradley line in Patton: " I can read a map, George! "