Old 03-12-06, 07:30 PM
UADave

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, in this part of the country (southeast US) biking is a pretty cheap hobby compared to hunting or fishing. Not sure about golf, but it sounds expensive.

I have friends, who are married and have kids, that have $25,000 trucks pulling $30,000 bass boats. Inside these boats there is several thousand dollars worth of rods, reels, etc. A good rod and reel could cost more than a bike. I quit fishing 20 years ago because it got too expensive, and I'm amazed folks will spend this kind of cash to sit in a boat chasing a fish. And here I sit agonizing about spending $500 on something that will hopefully keep me healthy and happy. Of course, if I were spending $500 on a rod and reel that would be much easier to hide from the wife; bikes aren't that small.

I think, like the OP, I'm afraid after I get a bike that the new will wear off and I won't ride it. I don't think that will happen, I used to love to ride, but you never know. I suppose I need to quit *****footing around and get something. If it winds up in storage I'll just chalk it up to my midlife crisis.