Old 05-07-23, 03:59 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1643 Post(s)
Liked 3,169 Times in 1,715 Posts
Originally Posted by jsigone
Old Bike forums route....Legendary Pie Ride around Palomar Mt. Socal BF group used to do this before there was strava and even facebook lol. Shift the start to the mall vs Harrahs. Easier to tackle Lake Wolford at mile 8 or so VS mile 92. two front flats for me were the only mechanicals today. tested 32c tires on the soloist using the gravel wheelset. Lighter than the Zipps but slower roll resistance. Di2 12s was freshly installed this week and that 34t was clutch today as I didn't have much power on the South Grade. The flats near the taco shop messed up my mojo and group left me and waited at the summit store. It took 68 miles and 9000ft of climbing before we got to pie. Later 35 miles was into the headwinds but m,ostly downhill or rolly back to the cars.

https://www.strava.com/activities/9024095949

congrats! great hard ride!

those bf rides are apparently a thing of the past-for now. did palomar south grade (from harrah's) with you, JimmyNH and another gent that used to post a bit but haven't seen a post from him in years.
hamster (all over the bf site then) arrived late and met up at mother's at the top of south grade. the pie ride pre-dates that. we had a few, orange county get-togethers back in the day around that palomar quickie
over a decade ago. seems like the most likely opportunity arises with the annual gmr/grr fourth of july weekend road closure/cyclist riding party. doing the vintage ride this coming saturday from shelter island/sd intl airport area
to coronado and the coastal vintage ride from carlsbad south to solana beach/del mar and back the following sat (will try to make that one). should be plenty of bf'ers doing those vintage rides.
Likes For diphthong: