Old 05-07-23, 11:28 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6353 Post(s)
Liked 4,956 Times in 3,413 Posts
Yesterday during the group start of the Century ride that the city puts on every year, there were more than a few people with obscenely bright tail lights flashing on the rear of their bikes. I secretly wished I could wave them the middle finger as I passed by them. Since that's not a proper thing to do, there was no wave for them. Others I'd say hi to or briefly strike up a conversation.

I wondered if it'd be acceptable to ask them to put their lights on a low setting till they got out of the crowd of the group start. But I figured that would only start a fight as most take so much personal offense to the slightest criticism.

I also favor bright colors for clothing. I almost ran over a someone on the trail one time that was dressed in dark clothing that matched the pavement when he'd decided to do push-ups in a very dark shadowed spot in a depression on the trail that was part of a rise that was twisty making the view ahead difficult. Especially since the day was very bright sunlight and going in and out of those shadowed areas plays heck with some of us that have old eyes slow to adjust.

Last edited by Iride01; 05-07-23 at 11:39 AM.