Old 05-08-23, 11:12 AM
Harold74

Bikes: Miyata 1000, Lemond Zurich, Lynskey Rouleur, Airborne Zeppelin, Vintage Zullo, Miele Lupa

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 99 Times in 76 Posts
Originally Posted by Jughed
Fit to blob.
I've never been overweight in any statistical sense and I thought that I was plausibly "non-sedentary" because I've always been a gym rat. In the gym, however, I was 90% resistance training because I like that much more than cardio. I've come to feel that, in the absence of pretty serious endurance training, one really is "sedentary" no matter what else they are doing. That, because it's all about the mitochondria it seems. So I was "sedentary" all of my adult life in this sense. And it's landed me in a difficult spot re T2D and all of the potential downstream stuff.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend Peter Attia / Gerald Shulman on A Master Class on Insulin Resistance: #140 - Gerald Shulman, MD, PhD: Insulin resistance—molecular mechanisms and clinical implications - Bing video. That is the way. I guess 25% or ripped, college students test out to be some degree insulin resistance if they are sedentary. Out in gen pop, it's 88%. The prevalence of it is nuts. Basically everybody had diabetes, they just don't know it yet.

Last edited by Harold74; 05-08-23 at 11:16 AM.