Old 05-08-23, 11:54 AM
smontanaro 

Bikes: many

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1455 Post(s)
Liked 1,406 Times in 769 Posts
Semi-OT: Medici Serial Number Spreadsheet

Years ago I created a Google spreadsheet to collect information about Medici serial numbers. At the time, the Medici build book generally wasn't available for people interested in dating their frames. As I understand it, the build book has since been returned to Mike Howard, but his online presence seems limited. But I digress.

The spreadsheet has been sitting idle for quite a while. I sold my Pro-Strada and haven't bought another (a GT might be interesting). It was there for people who might stumble upon a reference. Imagine my surprise when I got an email Sunday morning from Google with the subject, "Your file may violate Google Drive's Terms of Service." Hmmm... What file? Opening the message I saw that the message was actually about my li'l old spreadsheet.

"medici-serial" contains content that may violate Google Drive's Phishing policy. People that you've shared this file with will still be able to access it, but they will see a warning on the file. If you think this is an error and would like the Trust & Safety team to review this file, request a review below.

If I interpret this message correctly, what they are really complaining about is the input form I put together to simplify submissions. If it was the main tab of the spreadsheet, every Google spreadsheet could be construed as violating their phishing policy.

Then I got a second email Sunday. And another this morning. WTF? I guess Google is really worried about my spreadsheet. After each email, I requested a review. Who knows how long it will take a human to actually complete the review.