Old 05-09-23, 06:13 AM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5893 Post(s)
Liked 3,480 Times in 2,081 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Good Q. I have 0 idea. I know almost nothing about Peugeot, the serial number is poorly done, and I really know almost nothing about Peugeot bikes.
Unless it's the classic white px10, I can't tell one from another.
I do like it, for what it's worth. Planned to make it a single speed for simple quick use a couple times a week this summer and fall.

Oh- I suck and owe you an email too!

The other posts I think answered your underlying question about the stem. There is enough variation in terms of sizing that sometimes a 22.2 drops in. People have had good luck with Origin 8 and Nitto stems dropping in. Sometimes the problem is the headset nut but not with your bike.

I think the lettering is wrong on this bike since that looks more modern than the bike. The bike--given the lack of top tube cable braze ons--should be from the 70s or earlier and the lettering doesn't look right.

That looks to be a full Reynolds 531 sticker. If this were a PX 10, the sticker could be right. The next model down was a PR 10 and that had 531 main frame.

Is there any chrome underneath the paint? That might help you figure out what this is as well.

The model doesn't matter for your purposes. This will make a fine riding bike. I'm a big fan of Peugeots. I worked in a shop in New Orleans in the mid to late 80s that sold a lot of them. I have a 1982 PXN 10 that I ride and it is a fine bike. I also have a 1970s PR 10 that I've been meaning to turn into a single speed.