Old 05-10-23, 02:31 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1643 Post(s)
Liked 3,168 Times in 1,715 Posts
Originally Posted by jsigone
Last time I went down South grade was in November, I don't recall it being buzzy but I was also on 32c tires. Last weekend the East grade decent was fabulous and smooth. My brake bleeding skills need to be worked on, my rear brake was kinda soft and have to pump it to get pressure. But it held up enough to decend down to Lake Henshaw. No heavy braking needed like South Grade, just told myself its like having rim brakes HAHA.. Only had one car pass us and that in the last few turns before hitting 76, hovering high 30's mph most the decent. 32c tires aren't fast rolling resistance which worked out too cuz the mush brakes. Top 1000ft or so was in the clouds and was cold in the face. I had wool gloves on so I can feel my finger tips.

edit: the out n back to Observatory was bumpy and cracked to hell. All the lines into the corners have bad lines due to cracks.

thanks for the intel. remember the ride west from mother's to boucher hill overlook in the state park being mixed. haven't done the ride from mother's to the observatory
(waste of time imho-altho the observatory itself...and all the ferns...are pretty cool) in about 4-5 years but pavé was serviceable then. glad to hear east grade is still good.
would like to hit that and mesa grande when i can free myself up.