View Single Post
Old 05-17-23, 08:51 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,099 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by beng1
I am here, in this thread I started about bicycling, on a bicycle forum, because I have fun, in fact I am having a Blast !!! , so if you are not having fun guess what you should do ??? As I said somewhere else, if you go off topic, or change the topic from bicycling to "ME", you get what you deserve. I will let you try and figure that out for yourself even though your track record on such things is not good. I am rooting for you......... My cat can figure out what to do when it is not having fun, so I think you can do it too......

Maybe if I explain this slowly to you, you might get it.

I agree that some of the attacks on you are unwarranted, and you are free to trade insults if that's what you think is going to float your boat. The issue is that when you answer some of these (in my opinion) rather silly attacks (I have no problem with you liking to fix up low quality discarded bikes), you manage to insult entire generations of people over silly things like the fact that they can use a smart phone effectively. If I insult you, call me stupid, I don't have a problem with that. But when you generalize that insult into essentially everyone who isn't you, you just come off as a rather silly troll.

And sorry, your endless railing on about everything after 1980 being an abomination of one sort or another is hilarious, so yes, I am having fun, it's just at your expense.

You like some unusual stuff. People talking about that are usually self-aware enough to realize that they're not going to convince other people otherwise. You, on the other hand, seem to be trying to promote yourself as some sort of enlightened guru deigning to talk to us idiots. It's endlessly entertaining, and you've provoked a bunch of people to poke you to hear the finny sounds you make.
Likes For livedarklions: