Old 05-23-23, 06:01 AM
smd4

Bikes: 1989 Cinelli Supercorsa

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3632 Post(s)
Liked 3,058 Times in 1,848 Posts
Originally Posted by elcruxio
So why are you so obsessed by telling everyone your tires aren't slow? Correction, high rolling resistance. It's you the tires are making slow.
You love being slow and bouncy. I can respect that.

What I can't respect however is that you come in every topic regarding speed and start behaving just like this. Your way is the best and when someone points out that's not great for speed, comfort or some other reason, you turn to the "BUT I LIKES IT!" -fallacy.

It's a waste of space. You never contribute. You're useless here.
You seem upset, having to resort to ad hominem attacks. I'm sorry you feel that way. Your command of the English language is exemplary. I admit I had to look up "besserwissering." So I'm not going to let you use your status as ESL as a crutch.

So I think you are being highly disingenuous when you say I'm "constantly obsessed by telling everyone [my] tires aren't slow." I certainly don't come in on every topic regarding speed--because, as you've noted, I don't care about speed. In case you aren't clear on it, the topic of this discussion isn't speed--it's inflation pressure. Go ahead if you don't believe me: read the title and the first post.

All of which begs the question: Why are you so obsessed with speed? Is that really all there is to cycling for you--just...being able to go from place to place as quickly as possible? Seems you might be missing out on the wider world of what riding a bike can be.

I'm really not into "speed," your conclusions to the contrary notwithstanding. I don't race; I don't ride in group rides where I'd need to keep up; I ride the local roads solo, or on the MUPs (known as "greenways" down here) with family. I go exactly the speeds I like to go. I don't feel exhausted at the end of rides, or feel like I got "beat up" by the road. Why for you is the end-all, be-all of cycling "going fast?"

Oh, and enjoying the ride I get isn't a fallacy, as much as you may wish it to be. I know--you don't have any way to argue or refute that point, and I suppose it's frustrating. Again, I'm sorry.

Last edited by smd4; 05-23-23 at 12:24 PM.
Likes For smd4: