View Single Post
Old 05-23-23, 07:43 AM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,048 Times in 739 Posts
Originally Posted by Kontact
The data shows that the pressure vs rolling resistance plot is a trough, with the lowest rolling resistance being between low and high pressure. There is one of those charts for every tire size - including 23c. That doesn't mean anything other than riding well above or below that pressure is stupid.

Do you understand?
Right, and you've made no effort to show where that trough is on a 23 or 20c tire, nor that being on the high side of that trough is worse than being on the low side for those sizes, you've just made grandiose statements with no proof, now do you get it? For the tire sizes that were being discussed YOUR CHART IS MEANINGLESS AND HAS NO BASIS FOR COMPARISON BECAUSE TIRE SIZES MATTER TOO MUCH, which is why I can run my 2.25 mtb tire over roots at 30psi but can't make it down the block on my 23c tire at the same pressure. You're argument would be valid for a 25c tire based on that chart, but you jumped in on 20 and 23c tires and those numbers are going to change considerably. From memory, 90psi on an 20c was asking for a pinch flat, which is why people stopped using them, but even 70psi on a 23 is getting close to the point you will dent a rim on a crack in the pavement. Get it?