View Single Post
Old 05-23-23, 01:09 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11037 Post(s)
Liked 7,588 Times in 4,230 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
I don't know about you, but either as a pedestrian or a cyclist, when I get treated like a meat pylon to close pass with a several ton vehicle, I definitely believe I am being treated as less than human. I think we're just so used to driver supremacy that we just don't notice it.
Originally Posted by livedarklions
It's a hell of a lot easier to be a dick to someone or bully and abuse them if you've considered them less than human. How relativist do you want to be here? Someone can be an apologist for even the worst possible behavior, does that disqualify the use of the term "dehumanizing"?
I think that oftentimes drivers are distracted/oblivious/ignorant. Then yes there are obviously some who like to F with cyclists. There are countless instances of people almost hitting me when I am in a car, and ive been hit a few times. I dont think they are dehumanizing me either. They are just making mistakes. Big mistakes, but mistakes nonetheless.
Likes For mstateglfr: