View Single Post
Old 05-23-23, 02:23 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11044 Post(s)
Liked 7,595 Times in 4,235 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
I'm not talking about mistakes. I've definitely been treated with obvious hostility and aggression, and it's quite a different experience than dealing with someone who isn't in control of a machine that can squash you.

I've talked to several cyclists who have moved to this state from other places, and we all agree that the level of driver hostility is way worse than anything we've seen elsewhere.
Ok, noted. And in all seriousness, that has to be really frustrating and concerning.
...but I responded to the OP with honesty and have only continued to cite my view and experience. I am not sure why you and one or two others are so worked up over me responding based on my experiences. I fully believe your experiences and accept how you view everything related to this topic- hostility, intent, ignorance, dehumanization, etc etc. My experiences are different though, so I posted that.

I didnt just talk about mistakes. I very clearly state this in the second sentence of the post you responded to- I acknowledge there are people who want to F with cyclists for a variety of reasons.
In reality though, some drivers are dangerous to cyclists because they arent paying attention, some are dangerous because they think they are being safe and just wrong due to misjudgement, some are dangerous because they make a poor decision, and some are dangerous because their intent is to be dangerous.

...and we all agree that the level of driver hostility is way worse than anything we've seen elsewhere.
Funny irony time- Dont dehumanize drivers! Treat them all as individuals instead of a collective! <---I am joking, take a breath if you need before correcting me and telling me how I am wrong. Im not totally wrong, but I get that you feel it will be different.