Old 05-25-23, 10:33 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,099 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by rc5781
Most of the people who are incessantly attacking me and spamming my threads with insults are "in the industry" and have a profit motive. I get it. You hate me because I don't wear a helmet, buy cheaper bikes, do as little maintenance as possible, buy my tools and lights from China, buy my tires from Walmart. If I was in the industry, I'd hate me too, lol...

I thank you for not timing this post so I had coffee in my mouth because you probably saved my computer screen, this may be the funniest BS accusation I've seen in years.
First of all, not in the "industry", don't have any interest in your buying habits let alone a profit motive. I can't imagine why you think the argument in this thread has anything to do with anyone's profit motive. Do people in the industry have a profit motive in undermining the authority of the bike path crosswalk traffic light? Do you seriously believe that people "in the industry" are so afraid of your possible influence that they'd need to discredit you on an entirely non-economic issue?

Second of all, you are being "insulted" because you are being insulting, claiming people can't actually believe what they obviously believe just because you don't agree with it. You don't actually address the points they raise, you just accuse them of being dishonest, gaslighting, and arguing that 2+2=5 for the sake of arguing. This post is just the most absurd iteration of that kind of insulting because you've now come up with a completely implausble but insulting reason for the posts..

Third, you are posting stuff that's just plain dumb, like that a driver need only stop on a green light if crashing is "inevitable" otherwise. That's real-world dangerous misinformation. I don't hate you (you're awfully fond of telling people what you "hate", BTW), but I do hate it when people post crap like that because you never know when some other schlemihl will believe it.

Last edited by livedarklions; 05-25-23 at 10:38 AM.
Likes For livedarklions: