I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,562 Times in 1,060 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
AP simply does not have these bad habits. It's as good as a competent human driver in this respect.
Except when it isn't and must be corrected by an attentive human in the driver's seat
FSD/AP pays more attention than many human drivers, but lacks human intelligence, which is why it works better under human supervision.
tesla FSD/AP is NOT designed to work safely without human supervision, nor does it, read your owner manual without the wink-wink-nod-nod attitude of the Tesla salesman; human supervision is not optional in the current system no matter how intelligent the owner of the vehicle thinks it may be.
People argue that drivers may become inattentive with FSD/AP, but that has not been my experience.
Good for you, my car a 2022 Corolla also has an autobraking feature (PCS Pre-Collision System) built-in but it has never been activated, but then I never considered it much of a "workload" to control the car with the brakes, steering or accelerator. Paying attention to the traffic environment and my place in it is the "workload I am concerned about when driving. Tesla from the Chief Twit to many of his fan boys seem to believe that paying attention is an option with FSD/AP, as long as a warning message to pay attention is in the owner's manual.