Old 05-26-23, 08:44 AM
Gary12000 

Bikes: '71 Raleigh Inter, '98 Tommasini, '83 Trek 500, 83 Trek 720 '

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 110 Posts
Wow,
it just goes to show for both of you guys, it only takes a brief moment and your on the deck..
I have crashed at about 20mph riding to close to the leader in our pack of two, my wheel got inside his and i held it up for a brief few seconds as i tried to extracate myself, of course the friction on his Tyre made him slow down and the wheels didn't separate and so eventually the front wheel went sideways and i flipped off the bike sideways and skidded to a halt using my side to stop me, i had a compression jersey on and it likely saved me from a good bit of rash but when the bruise came out it was purple and yellow all down my side and hip and upper thigh... all in all its a painful event.

Last year we went to Eroica Cali, my wife and i were there a day early so after i built the bikes i said come on lets go do a couple miles to check the bikes out , she says "are you serious in this 20 mph wind " i'm like "just a little bit then we will feel better about the ride".. as we rode i kept looking back and saying lets just go to that next landmark, i think we got to about 3 miles...i turned around to give her some encouragement, i was clipped in so as she passed me i did a zero MPH turn in the gutter and they have this odd stuff called sand and my front tire just went sideways at zero MPH, i landed on my hip all 210 lbs of my big self.. this was on the Thursday well before the big ride down to the lighthouse. It was painful i couldn't understand how it was such a hard impact at zero mph, anyway luckily only my wife new about it and we just got on with the weekend, which was fantastic btw, anyway as the days went on the bruise on my hip got bigger and bigger, to where i had a knot on it which looked ridiculous, it took ages to go away... note to self don't be a buffoon...
Likes For Gary12000: