gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1303 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4707 Post(s)
Liked 5,873 Times in 2,310 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy_K
Ouch! I can completely sympathize. I crashed at about that speed a bit over two weeks ago. I'm a non-conformist so I broke ribs and a finger instead of a collarbone, but the rest looks very familiar. Strangely, I also managed to bash both brake levers while keeping the rest of the bike safe.

Hiding the gruesome ones, here are some sympathy pics.
@johnnyace, Andy and I were doing our annual springtime metric century get together and got split up near the turnaround/lunch stop. John and I didn't witness the crash, but saw some volunteers cleaning him up. When we found him, his first thoughts were "how's the bike?" I hunted it down, and noted that the cockpit was pretty dinged up, but the frame was untouched. As this is Andy's Jeff Bock repainted Stella, possibly the prettiest bike in his quiver, this was a real concer.

If you are brave enough to click and expand on the pics, you can see the cuts on his face enhance his pirate like appearance. I think it'll be an improvement.

Last edited by gugie; 05-26-23 at 06:50 PM.
Likes For gugie: