View Single Post
Old 05-27-23, 10:53 AM
DQRider 
Old Boy

Bikes: Mostly 1st-generation, top-of-the-line, non-unicrown MTBs/ATBs: All 1984 models: Dawes Ranger, Peugeot Canyon Express, Ross Mt. Whitney (chrome), Schwinn High Sierra, and a 1983 Trek 850.

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Liked 1,716 Times in 611 Posts
Breakfast at Capital (sp) View Café

I rode my Sequoia 650b conversion to breakfast this morning at Capital View Café. Despite the syntax error, (the location at the top of the hill on Smith Avenue has a perfect view of our state capitol), this is the best diner in Saint Paul, IMHO, and I really wish they would open for dinner.

Unfortunately, they have only ever been open for breakfast and lunch in the thirty years I've lived here. But every meal is a treat!

Here we have the Breakfast Quesadilla with Pico de Gallo and house-made hot salsa. I always eat half, and box the rest to take home to Mrs. C. I surprised her with it this morning, she was pleased!

Taking inspiration from a few of you on this thread, I think I will head out later this afternoon, when the light is just right, and hunt down some murals ala botty kayer. We don't have near as many as London or Berkely, and some are in dangerous neighborhoods, but that just adds to the adventure, right? (Famous last words...)

Roulez pour la joie, jamais pour la douleur.

USMC 1981-1991 Semper Fi!