View Single Post
Old 05-28-23, 07:04 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2331 Post(s)
Liked 5,049 Times in 1,793 Posts
I started going over the Cilo yesterday.

It does have the remains of a Columbus Aelle decal on it. I was expecting the ITM seatpost to be 26.8 but it's a 26.2. The rest of the parts are 600EX items. The crank, FD, headset, pedals, hubs and stem are 6207, The shifters, RD, brake calipers and brake levers are 6208. Not sure yet about the BB but it's got play in it I'll need to deal with.

Weird thing I didn't notice until I was putting it into the car is that the rims are schrader not presta. Going to need to get some of those grommets to correct that most likely.

The saddle is toast and most likely heading for the trash bin. Not sure yet if I'll keep those levers on or go aero. Need to see about some hoods for sure.

I'm thinking white saddle, cable housing, bar tape and hoods on this one right now.

The fork cleaned up very well with intact decals. The decals on the down tube seem ok too but the ones on the seat tube are a mess. I may try and get those off and clean up the adhesive residue. I think this frame is going to get the full 3 stage cutting, polishing, waxing routine to clean it up. I tested just polish on the top tube last night and while it brought back some shine there is more to be had. It may be tricky to preserve the decals though.

I pumped up the tires last night and they did hold air just fine. The Gatorskins on this need to go also. Plenty of room to run large 700 x 25 tires and might even be able to fit 700 x 28's on this.

I don't want to get too carried away with the Cilo as this is more of a rescue, restore, and pass on project. I've got to quit losing hundreds of dollars on these, LOL!

I'm so used to swapping Keo Pedals onto all my rides that I've never serviced any older pedals. Going to need to find instructions on getting into these 6207 pedals and servicing the bearings and then reseting them up with preload or whatever you do with pedals.

Dustcaps came right off the crank, they had grease on them. Good sign!

Last edited by jamesdak; 05-28-23 at 07:26 AM.