View Single Post
Old 05-28-23, 03:14 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3343 Post(s)
Liked 2,185 Times in 1,240 Posts
Originally Posted by DonkeyShow
Thank you all for the kind words. Luckily he wasnt in pain for more than 30 minutes. A trooper till the end. I've had pets die on me but this is the first one I had to make the decision to end it. Fun kicker, my best friend had his first child the same day. Life is hard.
I've had 8 cats living with me over 40 years, have had to put down 7. In the more recent years, when I knew we were getting close, usually a cat with cancer, we were closely paying attention to what I call "messages" from the cat. After 12-14 years, you know their behavior well and can take a good guess at what they want. My wife and I actually came to the same conclusion that Zoey was suffering, besides being mostly unable to use her tongue due to a mouth cancer, she was jumping on my chest all day, meowing at me and had my wife awake all night, same thing. Another cat sat on my chest for many hours, staring at me, something he had never done. Other cats have hidden in the basement, also unusual behavior. Its still an awful decision and I ask myself "who made you God ?". We were really hoping that 21 yr. old Zoey would go in her sleep, saving us the Impossible Choice. Didn't get that choice.
Likes For Steve B.: