View Single Post
Old 05-30-23, 03:42 PM
Thulsadoom

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac Expert, 2002 TREK 520, Schwinn Mesa WINTER BIKE, Huffy Rock Creek 29er, 1970s-era Ross ten speed. All my bikes are highly modified(except the Tarmac) yet functional, and generally look beat to ****. .

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 53 Posts
Local bike shop screwed me!

Last fall I had a Specialized Hot Rock bike sitting around my garage. Grandson outgrew it. Excellent shape, $500 new. So I took it to a local bike shop to see if they wanted it. I would've sold it to them for almost anything since I had no use for it. They didn't want to buy it but said they'd put it on consignment. I said sure, whatever. I filled out a form and that was that.

Over the winter I almost forgot about it. They never called and I didn't give it any thought since it was snow and ice outside and not exactly bicycle weather. Today I was in that section of town and I stopped in. The bike isn't in the showroom and the guy tells me he doesn't have any recollection of the bike and has no sales records from that long ago. I (stupidly) don't have a copy of the form I filled out.

Here's the thing: If he'd told me when I brought the bike in that they were struggling and couldn't give me anything for the bike but took donations, I would've gladly given him the bike. But instead he chose to lie and effectively stole the freakin' bike. I don't care about the money but it's the principle of the thing.

Talk about making it hard to support your local bike shop.