Old 06-06-23, 07:58 PM
rhm
multimodal commuter

Bikes: 1940s Fothergill, 1959 Allegro Special, 1963? Claud Butler Olympic Sprint, Lambert 'Clubman', 1974 Fuji "the Ace", 1976 Holdsworth 650b conversion rando bike, 1983 Trek 720 tourer, 1984 Counterpoint Opus II, 1993 Basso Gap, 2010 Downtube 8h, and...

Mentioned: 585 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1908 Post(s)
Liked 575 Times in 340 Posts
1. Jobs include being a temporary secretary through Kelly Temps, technical drawing of archaeological samples (ceramics).

2. Picture a small church in a small clearing in the woods at the top of a little hill on an island on a lake somewhere in Bavaria. It is April. Wet snow is falling. Next to the church an area about the size of a two car garage has been excavated to a depth of about 50 cm, exposing a jumbled layer of human bones, all well preserved but not articulated.
Standing among the bones is me, with a sheet of graph paper on a very large clipboard that I'm trying to keep dry while drawing the bones with fingers too cold to hold a pencil. Do not, under any circumstances, try to erase anything on the wet spots. Within ten minutes it's all wet spots. Miserable, but it's not all bad: an attractive young woman is helping me by measuring the bones so i can draw them at the correct scale. At the bottom of the hill is a warm vacation villa where the rest of the team is drinking cocoa and waiting for us to finish.

3. Eagles, then tigers. I transferred.