Old 06-07-23, 09:29 AM
Jughed

Bikes: Lemond Zurich/Trek ALR/Giant TCX/Sette CX1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 604 Post(s)
Liked 864 Times in 437 Posts
Originally Posted by jon c.
Everyone lies and cheats and we all would have done the same thing given the opportunity. Honor and decency are antiquated concepts. Winning is all that matters and cheating to win really isn't a bad thing. It's the norm and we should just accept it.

Yes, I'm an old man. And seeing such moral relativisim become the accepted stance in our society makes me glad of that. If this is what we're teaching our children I'm happy that I won't be around to see the full impact of the world we have created.

I understand there has always been cheating and dishonesty but I find it disheartening that so many now think we should just accept it.
I'm not saying we should just accept it...

I'm saying that many people are being very judgmental about what x or y person did - without ever being in that position themselves.

Who here had a billion dollar industry resting on their shoulders and have to defend themselves against a masseuse and a teammates wife?

If one watches the sport/sports - they are not only accepting the cheating, they are supporting it financially. And as long as prize/sponsorship money is in play - people/teams will angle for competitive advantages.