Old 06-07-23, 03:20 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5039 Post(s)
Liked 8,273 Times in 3,908 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
There's a world of difference between what you're saying here and what's irked me so much about Harold's posts. You're basically saying we can't entirely eliminate the possibility that GL doped. I happen to think it's pretty damned unlikely as there's certainly been a lot of people who would've loved to expose him if it had been the case. Harold, OTOH, has said we should just assume that GL was a) guilty and b) a hypocrite because of "probability". To me, that kind of unfounded assumption of guilt in the absence of any individualized proof is just morally reprehensible.
I get where you're coming from, and my intent is not to defend Harold. You think Greg doping was "pretty damned unlikely". Harold thinks there's an assumption due to "probability". I would put myself somewhere in the middle of those two positions. Greg was a spectacular racer, but the history of the sport leaves me less than 100% certain he was clean. (IMO, YMMV)