View Single Post
Old 06-11-23, 01:33 PM
maddog34

Bikes: !982 Trek 930R Custom, Diamondback ascent with SERIOUS updates, Fuji Team Pro CF and a '09 Comencal Meta 5.5

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1311 Post(s)
Liked 752 Times in 545 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Mayer
Go to your local bike Co-op where they will have a bucket-o-axles in every weird size and length possible. We do. We sell them for $1 used and $5 for new fancy ones. Make sure the used ones roll straight.

We have dozens of 145mm long 10mm hollow axles for rear quick-release hubs, the most common size. If 145mm is too long, then 5 minutes with a hacksaw fixes it.

No Co-op? Then beg and scavenge the parts from the wrecked wheel collection at the back of you local shop. This is one of the reasons why Shimano hubs are so great: spare parts everywhere.
Got any Sansin RE-50 Sealed Bearing QR axles in stock?? because, without further information from Albon, that would be a safe bet on what Axle and Hub we should be speculating about here....

personally, i'd whack that bent toad with my 3 lb. deadblow a couple times and slip it back in the hub.

oh, and the Alyeska is a much loved 1984 Touring bike with 6 speeds.. any guess as to the O.L.D. on that hub?

my guess is 126mm, most likely.

Last edited by maddog34; 06-11-23 at 01:41 PM.
Likes For maddog34: