Old 06-13-23, 08:30 AM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5891 Post(s)
Liked 3,475 Times in 2,080 Posts
Originally Posted by darnet
Put another 7-1/2 miles on the Blue Peugeot, round trip to and from a flower shop. A couple of minor inconveniences encountered.

At the start of the ride, the bike was difficult to pedal, because the rear tire was rubbing on the rear stay. I stopped, re-centered the wheel, and tightened the skewers a bit. This is a regular occurrence, as it has happened on at least one, maybe two previous rides. I might try replacing the skewers, because now I always wonder if the tire is rubbing.

snip . . .

At the destination, while stopped and as I was dismounting the bike, I lost something and fell to the ground on the left side, to my embarrassment. Not too badly wounded, but some scapes, shown in a pic, and I later found some bruises elsewhere (not shown, too personal). No helmet contact. I had told myself a couple of years ago that I would no longer ride with any type of clips or clipless pedals, because I realized I am not competing in a race and I’ve on more than one occasion fallen because a foot got stuck. Lesson re-learned.

snip

Have now ridden a total of 21.5 miles, almost 36 kilometers.
This is a nice bike. I'd make room for a UO 14 (or a UO 10) if I found one in my size. I like bmx style pedals as they work with any shoe for the bikes I ride around town. The rear wheel should not slip when riding. A new skewer might do the job. You've likely done this already but I'd check whether the wheel was sufficiently true and I'd try clamping down the existing skewer with more force as well.
Likes For bikemig: