Old 06-15-23, 04:39 AM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1618 Post(s)
Liked 2,234 Times in 1,114 Posts
The VO is distracting. I don't understand why the VO isn't louder. They sound nearly at the same level. I too can't read the text fast enough besides not watching the actually video!
As good as the series was, I think they could do better in terms of exploring the strategies to a greater extent and capturing more drama.

Didn't watch '23s race so maybe there wasn't any more than what was shown. Previous years of watching satisfied my interest. Recaps typically had me wanting more.

Use of bike mounted cameras have added a marginal improvement. The issue with them is the camera movement. If there was equivalent stabilization as those on the motorcycles, it would be huge. That is just more weight or more SW development.
Really don't want to see individual performance suffer from the application of too much tech or add to injuries.