View Single Post
Old 06-15-23, 07:49 AM
_ForceD_
Sr Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1041 Post(s)
Liked 802 Times in 426 Posts
Originally Posted by AJW2W11E
Will lowering my seat help?
The problem with lowering your seat is that then your pedal reach will be off. Instead, maybe look at raising your handlebars. Or, maybe moving the handlebars aft a bit could also achieve the desired result.

You didn’t say exactly where on your back you’re experiencing the pain. But, I’ve learned from my chiropractor…who I see on a monthly basis…that pain in one part of the back/spine can be caused by a misalignment in another part of the spine. Eight or so years ago when I first started going to him, the first thing he did was sit down with me and do a complete analysis of every joint in my spine, and specifically the angle of each bone. At this point, he didn’t know that I am a road cyclist. But he pointed to one of the upper cervical joints and said “That joint angle is off by like thirty degrees. That’s a lot! It’s like you spend hours per day staring up at the ceiling.” So I said “Would riding a road bike, in this position (I hunched over to the position) starting down the road cause it?” He said that’s exactly it. And, that misalignment is probably causing the discomfort between your shoulders, and mid-back. But he didn’t say stop riding. He just said that I need to take steps to keep that joint moving and not to let it become immobile. — Dan