Old 06-18-23, 01:32 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3759 Post(s)
Liked 5,701 Times in 2,879 Posts
Originally Posted by TC1
Just in case anyone cares, like perhaps the administrator, I can explain why some of those people "aren't here for good." This forum is not at all friendly -- even by internet standards ( and I used to run some, decades ago ). Perhaps that's by design, in which case, carry-on, but if not, adjustments could be made. My skin is plenty tough, but I see why many folks bail on this forum without much delay.

How so, exactly? Feel free to re-read my original message, or even the others, and explain how "hot" they are.

What actually happened was that I asked an unusual question, and received a few requests for clarification, a couple well-meaning suggestions to a question that I didn't ask, and some poor advice that doesn't even comport with the known laws of physics. When I observed that such advice was nonsensical, some people like FDinNY, shelbyfv, and smd4 resorted to attacking me personally, which I understand to be in violation of the rules here.
What sort of evidence do you have that "many folks bail on this forum without much delay"? Also, maybe you can point to a post where I have "attacked" you. I did ask if you were qualified to invoke all this talk of physics. The answer may embarrass you but asking was hardly an attack, especially given that you were presenting yourself as someone with special knowledge.