Old 06-19-23, 03:49 PM
OUGrad05

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
I did open the ‘23 season with a new pair of Michelin Power Cup 26, and they went on 21mm IW Hyper wheels without problem. I used a Pedros lever for the last bit of bead.

They’ve been great tires, too; our first camp was in hilly Bloomington, IN, and it was cold and rainy, but the tires were confidence-inspiring when braking and cornering. They’re supple and comfy, too, even at the 90/94psi I was running. I’ve backed those pressures down a bit since, and the tire has been fine and stable.

My crit days are (probably) over, so can’t comment on the tire in conditions like that, but for fast group rides, Power Cup has been an ace, rolling fast and transmitting a sensation of security over rough road and when hitting unseen cracks and divots.

It’s much better than the previous Power Road model, which was vague and dull feeling, and is more like Schwalbe Pro One in that regard.

Spring roads are full of debris, but Power Cup survived without puncture or signs of damage, so though that’s mostly down to luck, it’s looking like these tires are winners for me and might even be a new favorite!
Where did you find them? No one locally has them. I've check bike shops in other states too and can't find them officially in the US. I can find them on Amazon from Germany though?