View Single Post
Old 06-22-23, 01:03 AM
stoneageyosh

Bikes: Dave Tesch Model 100 Custom Reynolds 753 / Custom Panasonic built by Takao Ono (1973)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 160 Times in 93 Posts
The frame that Takao Ono built for me is on the Yellow Jersey Panasonic page. Photo is from the late 80’s.
Mistakenly stated 1972 instead of actual build date of 1973.
Will be be refreshing it later this year. Hope to find era appropriate decals for the Panasonic Custom Shop.

Edit: Add

Original paint was paler orange and came with Sport Deluxe decals on DT as Takao Ono did not have decals for the custom shop yet. First “Handbuilt by T. Ono” decal on ST. Tange tubes. Original components were Crane and Dura Ace prototypes gifted from racers that were Shimano employees. Raced and trained on for many years.
After severe crash injury (saved the bike, destroyed left shoulder) in ‘83 had it repainted, chrome ends and braze-ons by CyclArt. Faded yellow calligraphy is my name in Japanese, written by my father, decals by Jim Cunningham.
After repaint, full Super Record with Campy Record Strada rims. Tires were Clement Criterium Seta or Seta Extra for races and cottons for rain and training.

Edit 2:
The spare bag holds two used Criterium spares and CO2 cartridges. Bare race weight was ~19.5 lbs depending on wheel/tire combo.

Last edited by stoneageyosh; 06-28-23 at 11:53 PM.
Likes For stoneageyosh: