View Single Post
Old 06-22-23, 04:13 AM
ehcoplex 

Bikes: '38 Schwinn New World, ’69 Peugeot PX-10, '72 Peugeot PX-10, ‘7? Valgan, '78 Raleigh Comp GS, ’79 Holdsworth Pro, ’80 Peugeot TH-8 tandem, '87 Trek 400T, ‘7? Raleigh Sports, ‘7? Raleigh Superbe, ‘6? Hercules

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 770 Post(s)
Liked 1,634 Times in 779 Posts
The guy I bought my '72 PX-10 from claimed to be the original owner and that it was 'all original', yet it had steel 27"Rigida rims and Normandy Sport hubs (and a GIANT dork-disk), and had 'safety levers' on the Mafac brake levers! Not to mention it appeared the front derailleur was completely mangled and appeared to have been sucked into the chainrings at some point! But the price was right and I had plans to mod it anyway (650B, etc).

bikeaddiction1 , does yours have the original Delrin front derailleur? Somewhat rare to find one of those that hasn't cracked- would be interesting to know if it could handle a triple. The all-metal SLJ models can handle a triple- even the ones that aren't specifically spec'd as being for a triple. Not original, but still French/Simplex, and I think was a pretty common 'upgrade', especially if/when the original Delrin FD cracked.