View Single Post
Old 06-23-23, 10:52 AM
abdon 

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked 489 Times in 256 Posts
No problems with the rear hub. I just like rebuilding vintage bikes and as such using better components is just a nice touch. I don't know why so many people choose to assume that I wanted the impossible or the very least the unrealistic.

Here's a picture of the work in progress:

You should have seen it with the nasty purple handlebar tape, rubber seat, and dollar store watter bottle cage... I added turkey wing brake levers, sewn leather handlebars, matching leather seat baggy, smooth Honjo aluminum fenders (still fitting them), and bar end shifters. I still need to fabricate the matching leather pedal straps, mud flaps, and other leather bits. I also need a new Brooks saddle so I can match the color, I borrowed this one from another bike so I could ride it for now.

This is not the rack configuration I'm going to end up with, I'm going to set it up more as a randonneuring bike but I want to test it fully loaded. I want to see how it handles compared to my Trek 720. Heck if I was going with this rack I would have to chop the mounts so I could get it about 1.75" lower in the front

I'm also going with a TA Cyclotouriste crank, an Acorn tall rando front bag, and the Japanese market Dia Compe bar end shifters that Rivendell sells.
Likes For abdon: