Old 06-24-23, 05:54 PM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 817 Post(s)
Liked 1,039 Times in 675 Posts
Originally Posted by Kilroy1988
There are a lot of automotive paints and colors you can have compressed into spray cans or purchase off-the-shelf that way.

-Gregory
Yes. Good point Gregory. I had some House of Kolor paint loaded into spray cans and the nozzles on them were far better than Rustoleum and the results were great. See picture below:

This is the base coat. There is no clear coat over it so it looks a little textured. That will all smooth out with clear coat. I am showing the bottom bracket so that you can see how the paint looks at different angles. Good stuff this HOK paint in a can.

I do like my clear coats though. Tough and glossy. There are also 2k clear coat aerosol cans like Eastwood were there is a separate container within the can that contains the activator. This gets mixed inside the can right before you are ready to paint. There are others that also make 2k clear coats in aerosol cans. Spray Max is another. I have not used either one though.
Likes For Velo Mule: