Thread: Walk of shame!
View Single Post
Old 06-29-23, 11:30 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,099 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by beng1
I had the typical close-minded cyclist stop and ask me why I was walking my bike up a steep hill, they thought the only reason for it was something must be wrong, but the only thing wrong is their lack of education. When you see a really serious and well-educated cyclist, they will be taking it easy most days you see them riding.

This may be the most arrogant thing I've read on BF ever. You really think someone should be able to tell just by looking at you and your decrepit-looking bike that you are a "really serious and well-educated cyclist"? How is asking you a question "close minded"? You, on the other hand, jump to completely unjustifiable assumptions about their "lack of education." Did you ever contemplate the possibility that you don't look well? I've seen your picture as well as your bike's. Sounds like a perfectly reasonable question to me, especially if coming from a place of concern.

BTW, last Sunday, I had several cyclists ask me if I was ok when I was clearly well into fixing a pathside flat. I made sure to thank every one of them even though they had the audacity not to fully size up the situation before offering help. Y'know why? Because they were being nice. So is someone making sure you're choosing to walk your bike.
Likes For livedarklions: