SkinGriz
Live not by lies.

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Liked 784 Times in 582 Posts
Originally Posted by Smaug1
It doesn't appear to need any parts, but we'll see! I'm not interested in an older Jap bike; there's no nostalgia there for me, so not worth it. I do hope you're wrong in case I need to source parts.

I don't even remember how I happened on this one. I think it was when I was looking for a road bike in my other thread, and I searched for "road bike" near me in FB Marketplace. This came up and I was like this → I wound up buying a Trek Domane AL3 Disc, but couldn't get this Varsity out of my mind. If I came across a nice good-looking Super Sport at a low price, I would consider it, but not if I had to pay more. (since I don't need it to begin with!) Thanks for the tip though. I can tell it's one of those things I'll remember for the rest of my life.

Hopefully, there's not much building needed. Getting a set of wheels and crank is going to really jack up the price, and it won't look right either. I hope the wheels aren't bent.

This might also be a good bike to ride with my wife. We went out for a ride tonight and it was excruciating. She was going like 5 mph. A 40 lb. Varsity with 40 psi in the tires would make it more bearable than the relatively light & efficient Trek Verve 3!
You should ride something more like a single speed MTB or klunker. It will slow you down and at the same time you can hop up and down curbs and mess around while you wait for her.
Likes For SkinGriz: