Thread: Tarp poncho
View Single Post
Old 07-02-23, 11:25 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3506 Post(s)
Liked 1,490 Times in 1,163 Posts
Sorry for being off topic here.

Originally Posted by Pratt
Ride Burlington to MOntreal
Train to Moncton, NB
Ride to Fundy,
Ride to Shediac, Shuttle to PEI
Ride north to Malpeque Bay
Eat oysters
Tide to Avonlea, do Green Gables
Ride east, around point to Souris
Ferry to Magdelaines, explore
Ferry back, ride to Charolttetown
Shuttle back to Shediac, etc to home
I did not plan to see Charlottetown, but with five consecutive days of rain in the forecast, I discarded my plans and made a reservation to stay at the HI Hostel there. Stayed there three nights, sleeping in a dry indoors. But that was pre-covid, I have no idea which hostels still exist or which are able to follow their business model of dorm style rooms. Enjoyed Charlottetown although my shoes stayed wet from sightseeing in the rain.

Photo from one of the hike in campsites at Five Islands campground when Bay of Fundy tide was in.

Tide was out.

My shuttle ride to the mainland from PEI on the shuttle in 2019 was $9, they did not charge extra for four panniers, a rack top bag and handlebar bag.

They did a good job of securing my bike to the trailer.

Photo through the windscreen on the shuttle van.

Seeing how narrow the shoulder is on the bridge, I was content to not ride it. (Riding over the bridge is prohibited on a bike.) The Seven Mile bridge I rode across in Florida Keys had a much wider shoulder, that was ok to ride on a bike.

You are going to have a great time.