View Single Post
Old 07-06-23, 02:44 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3230 Post(s)
Liked 1,783 Times in 1,077 Posts
Originally Posted by phughes
Not to worry. I said what I was going to say. Evidently I make stuff up. I do know many use the rack and do so successfully, or they wouldn't make it. I simply said I wouldn't use it because of my past experience working in a glass shop. As with anything, follow the directions and know the risks.
You worked in glass shop 40 years ago, right? That’s more than 2 decades before Seasucker even existed, so your experience is not with Seasucker, it’s with glass from around 1985, a time when when rear window defrosters and power windows were optional extras on most American cars.

I think it’s important people understand that context to your comments, because the way you state it, “As someone who worked in a glass shop….just say no to Seasucker,” implies you have some work experience with Seasuckers breaking glass, which you do not.

And you also intend to mislead when you say Seasucker modified their instructions because of glass breakage, but that was not a general revision and was done only for Tesla Model 3 because of what they attributed to rare problems with Teslas roof glass and was actually a recommendation to move the front piece of the Talon rack off the roof and onto to the back glass. Yet, you rail on about Seasuckers and back glass…