View Single Post
Old 07-11-23, 03:47 AM
scott967

Bikes: 89 Paramount OS 84 Fuji Touring Series III New! 2013 Focus Izalco Ergoride

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
It's pretty damn rural North of Frederick to still consider any part of PA to be part of the DC MetroGigaplex. That's like counting Salinas or Stockton in "SF Bay Area".
When my wife was on the Joint Staff in the Pentagon, she had a guy working for her who commuted from Gettysburg. But he was on his twilight tour and was going to retire there.

As far as car free in Belvoir, doesn't seem that feasible to me but maybe I'm not imaginative. But since they closed Cameron Station Belvoir is the go-to commissary for NoVa.

I guess they allow bikes on the VRE rail so maybe Lorton (used to be the DC prison, now suburbs) is an option to get into DC or Metro territory. Years ago I lived in Annapolis and commuted into northern VA (Crystal City). Would drive to Stadium-Armory metro and ride from there (much cheaper to start in DC than MD). Now and then would take bike on weekend and use Pentagon North Parking and ride down to Mount Vernon and back. Not the fastest due to multi-use etc. Also cops in Old Town Alexandria will hassle you. Back then Potomac Yard was just that -- massive railyard. Also Navy Yard wasn't somewhere you wanted to hang around. I guess things are different.

Hell, I remember back then have family in Centreville and would sometimes ride out there. Ride on Braddock Rd and at the Loudoun County line it turned into gravel. Those were the days.

scott s.
Likes For scott967: