View Single Post
Old 07-12-23, 08:43 AM
Smaug1
Commuter

Bikes: Main Bikes: 2023 Trek Domane AL3, 2022 Aventon Level.2 eBike, 1972 Schwinn Varsity, 2024 Priority Apollo 11

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked 459 Times in 258 Posts
My wife likes an upright riding position and is a pretty weak rider. I sold her city bike, and got her this Electra Townie GO! 7D eCruiser, so she can keep up.

It has 36 V, 7 Ah worth of batteries in the downtube. That's not a lot as eBikes go, but enough to keep her going any speed she wants up to 20 mph. It has a simple display with 5 green LEDs showing battery level and 3 red LEDs showing PAS level. (Power Assist System) It has a a nice quiet 250 W motor in the rear hub, and the downtube isn't too huge, so people don't always notice it's an eBike. It has a 7-speed cassette; just the one smallish sprocket in the front. Granny gear is VERY low; walking speed, so hills are no problem.

This past week, she bought the Electra luggage rack and shopped at Target and found a basket she likes, which I zip-tied to the rack. I plan to have her join a coffee ride with my local bike club Saturday morning.

The bike is the center one in this pic, and the wife is on the right.

Wife's Electra Townie GO! 7D is in the middle.

Just before riding it home on the first day.

Last edited by Smaug1; 07-12-23 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Added another pic
Likes For Smaug1: