Old 07-13-23, 09:21 PM
unworthy1
Stop reading my posts!

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1467 Post(s)
Liked 1,106 Times in 821 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzyg72
$100 says this bike has absolutely nothing to do with the REI Novara brand. There is no way that REI would spend the extra money to register and trademark NOVA to release one model - doesnt make sense at all when all they would want to do is continue building the Novara brand name recognition. From my quick research NOVA is a manufacturer based in India which probably explains the gnarly welds on the BB. https://www.novacycle.com/
well...maybe not made in India, but not made from Columbus ALU tubing either. And not worth much more than the components...here's some scuttlebutt:
"The Nova frames are from Chuck originally-he told me that the frames are straight gauge 7005-NOT Columbus Altec2 as labeled.I have seen these frames and they are definitely not Altec 2.They are heavy for alu.-approx.4 lbs.,but well finished with some welds sanded.The Ebay seller is buying them cheap from Chuck and marking them up.They used to be on Chucks website for $75 with the Martec fork $35 extra.Chuck told the buyers of these frames they are not Columbus and even advised me not to purchase one because he knew I would not be happy.The reselling of the mis-labeled frames on Ebay has nothing to do with Chuck's now defunct and completely honest business."
Likes For unworthy1: