Old 07-24-23, 02:58 PM
jonathanf2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked 1,088 Times in 460 Posts
Last weekend I decided it was time to retire my alloy gravel frameset and use my old endurance road carbon frameset which was collecting dust (having since been replaced with a dedicated road frame). It took me about 2 days to complete the parts swap and re-build. I've been hesitant to do this swap mainly out of laziness, but decided to do it since my alloy bike was already partially disassembled from my Oregon trip. I replaced the original FSA PF bottom bracket which used fairly heavy alloy cups, to a much lighter Ultegra PF bottom bracket. I pressed the cups in using a vise and two flat wrenches! The bike already came with an alloy BB sleeve making the alignment a breeze. The frame came with post mount, but I used this adapter from AS Solutions to fit my GRX flat mount disc calipers. The original post fork was replaced with a carbon flat mount. I also swapped to a full steel cog 11-50t cassette with alloy spider that I bought during the Amazon Prime Day sale. Weight comes out to 454g, which I find acceptable for all steel cogs. I found my alloy/steel cassettes tend to wear faster. Total bike weight comes out to around 18.5 lbs. with computer mount, pedals and bottle cage holders attached.

Anyways, I took the bike on an 11 mile shakedown ride today. Everything runs great! I probably just need to do minor brake tuning, but other than that it feels just right!