View Single Post
Old 07-24-23, 06:20 PM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1871 Post(s)
Liked 670 Times in 511 Posts
Originally Posted by pepperbelly
I am not expecting a direct comparison between the stationary bike and riding on the road. On the stationary I usually start on about 60 rpm and about 60 watts on level/ gear 4 which shows about 13 mph. About halfway when my legs are warned up i am doing about 70rpm and 14mph.
The main point is I am pedaling without stopping ir slowing down for 45 minutes.
Should I start going for an hour?
I want my legs in decent shape by the tome I drop enough weight to start putting miles on my bike. I read something about the weight limit on ny Roubaix and the big concern being the CF seat post. I’m not far away from a safe weight.
What are the numbers? What is the bike's weight limit, and that of the seatpost? How much do you have to drop to feel comfortable? Do you know the technique of lifting your butt off the saddle as thebike goes over a bump?

I think it's a shame to waste the use and the riding time of a fine bike like a Roubaix. Have you heard of any actual failures of this type on a Spec Roubaix of your size and model year? The bikes actually have some bad road cred in actual use!