Old 07-26-23, 07:15 AM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 864 Post(s)
Liked 1,460 Times in 832 Posts
Soon to be 71, the past 10 years have been my most rewarding in 50 plus years of road cycling. I pedaled, with no assist, 50,000 miles in that time, and, acquired tools and learned how to do all bike work myself. That excludes wheels, except for basic truing. I have nothing against anyone that uses any kind of electric bike, I just like riding how I ride. My 61 year old sister purchased an electric assist type bike and says it has opened up a whole new world for her. She would have never gotten into cycling if not for that. It folds and is easy to get into, out of, her vehicle. I helped her with getting a basket and bags on the bike, showed her how to get her beach stuff securely mounted, and gave her a helmet. She was using it to go to the beach and local parks and wildlife areas. No $3 an hour for parking, no entry fee into any of the park or wildlife areas. That includes state and federal areas. Also, no waiting in a long line of vehicles for that entry. I can see myself getting one if I get to where I cannot do it under my own power, with electric assist being the way I would go.
Likes For delbiker1: