Old 07-26-23, 12:20 PM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1588 Post(s)
Liked 1,232 Times in 623 Posts
The (non-)issues the op is whingeing about have been well dealt with in this thread. I'll simply make one other point: the op (see post #28) was very well aware prior to his purchase that 'cable rub' happens on this particular frame:

"As for the cable rubbing the head tube, this is a problem specifically documented to drop-bar journeyers in several reviews that I read and watched prior to purchasing the bike."

If the op does not like the appearance of 'cable rub' all he had to do was ask his lbs to provide him with a sheet of protective patches -- I've no doubt they'd have some to give away -- and apply them for him should he not be inclined to undertake this very complex task himself.

All three of my most recent bicycles had/have some cable rub. I am by no means mechanically gifted -- far from it -- but even I managed to apply patches of protective film successfully, once I had dialled in my fit etc. As another poster pointed out, these kinds of patches would be utterly useless if factory installed -- unlike protective film on a downtube or chainstay.
Likes For badger1: