View Single Post
Old 07-27-23, 07:45 PM
NDL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
DO NOT CUT YOUR FRAME! Also don't zombie old posts from 2011 to post really bad advice. You don't need to mangle a perfectly good frame to install linear pull brakes and if you do stick with cantilevers as they are fine brakes like most brakes are with good pads and shoes and cables and housing and of course proper set up. I have cantilevers on my Single Speed/Fixed Gear RandoCross Fun Time Machine and they stop just fine with no issues and I was very specific in choosing them and wouldn't make another choice 7 or 8 years down the road.

If you feel you need to mangle your frame please send it to me I will find a good home for it, clearly that bike isn't for you. They make frames for all different kinds of brakes and even plenty of custom builders who can give you whatever you want or need never a need to take a good frame and destroy it and yes I will repeat that as many times as needed.
Thank you for your opinion. I am simply offering my solution for my bike, and since it's my bike, I believe I can do whatever I want with it. Others can decide if it works for them or not. I am not forcing anyone to do the same, but I am sure someone will find this useful. I posted it here because when I was searching for a solution to my problem, this post came up. I noticed others were facing the same problem, so after I found a solution that worked for me, I decided to share it here. I didn't know there is a rule not to revive any old posts, and I didn't even check when this post was created. Whether it's bad advice or not, that's up to the reader to decide. Everyone is different and entitled to their opinion.