Old 07-27-23, 08:14 PM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3941 Post(s)
Liked 4,940 Times in 2,277 Posts
@Classtime - I'm with you on almost all this ebike stuff. There are lots of people coming into 'the sport of cycling' who haven't ridden a bike since childhood or longer. Some may have been gasoline powered motorcyclists who like power and speed. But basically, these folks have no bicycle handling skills, no sense of speed limits on mup trails and no desire to pedal. Their machines often have 3"tires, weigh in excess of 50+pounds, not really designed for any pedaling and are impossible to pedal on any incline up. No need to license, like a motorcycle, makes ebikes a no brainer for many....and too many drawn to throttles, power, speed.

Then there are other types of ebikes. Used by cyclists who want a boost - for a bunch of valid reasons. Commuters, older people, spouses wanting to participate, one ebike in a collection, etc. Usually,folks of a different mindset, they want to pedal. Bikes are sub 40pounds, etc.

but lines blur, intentions vary, pedaling gets hard, etc. Then there are the emountainbikers....e-up for bombing down.

ebikes are not bikes. but they are ebikes and share the same routes.

my 'e' is one of a dozen roadies and (with some frequency) allows me to ride more days, more miles with more smiles in our hills and with more energy left for other tasks. X35 rear hub motor with assist to ~14mph when pedaling the 30pound drop bar road bike, size XL. Today, it took me on a hilly 35mi roundtrip to the dentist, that would have been a car trip otherwise. 72yo.

Last edited by Wildwood; 07-27-23 at 08:23 PM.
Likes For Wildwood: