I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,582 Times in 1,069 Posts
Originally Posted by Classtime
Everyone admits that e-bikes allow you to ride beyond your abilities. If you want to ride faster or with less effort by putting a motor on your bike, no one can stop you. Most e-bikes are de jure classified as bicycles as a result of the lobbying efforts of the bicycle industry. But the fact is that e-bikes have motors that in part or in whole propel the rider. Threads about using tire levers, chain lube, brake levers, etc. can reside wherever. But e-bike threads IMO, belong in the electric bike forum. Most people don’t care and the voter turnout reflects that. A few of us are disgusted by the idea that riding a motorized bike is equivalent to riding a bicycle. I recently overheard a conversation in my neighborhood where one set of parents exclaimed to another’s child who had just received a new e-bike, “That’s a nice bicycle.” Some BF think it’s fine that we contribute to this new normal. I think it’s disgusting.
Personally, I would be happy if all discussion about gym and exercise routines, nutritional regimens, and various other poster health and fitness obsessions be sent packing to some other place. But I am only one poster and just because I find such discussions tedious, boring and only tangentially related to bicycling is no reason for me to badger those who like to discuss such subjects here. I would find such selfish behavior to be disgusting.
Likes For I-Like-To-Bike: