Old 07-31-23, 07:33 PM
UniChris

Bikes: 36" Unicycle, winter knock-around hybrid bike

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked 393 Times in 282 Posts
Originally Posted by 3alarmer
...yes. I'm off in fantasyland. We have no intersections in fantasyland. Everyone just goes with the flow.
Thanks for being honest about the rather drastically limited basis of your views of the safety and practicality of anything-but-car transport :-)

...if you want to build this out as e-motorcycles and e-mopeds, then they need to undergo at least the same regulatory oversight as IC propelled motorcycles. Why do I even need to state this ?
Have you considered that casual pedal bikes, determined pedal bikes, class I e-bikes, class 3 e-bikes, and non-compliant things that probably should have moped plates exist on a continuous spectrum?

All of which are not truly capable of the speed which "cars" are?

Well, I have.

Have you also considered how deadly most of what is dishonestly passed off as "bike infrastructure" turns out to be when one rolls through its deadly flawed intersections at even 10 mph?

Again, I have - the facts are all over the news.

And have you considered the fundamental conflict between unsafe-at-any-speed "bike routing" versus the same folks' desire to subsidize e-bikes as car replacements?

Again, I have.

There's your issue - you believe that a style of "marginalize the bikes out of sight" design which is proven deadly to even most casual pedal bike users is somehow going to be safe for e-bikes and determined pedal commuters.

In contrast, I'm quite aware of the undeniable fact that we will only cure car dependence when we make all of these things which are not cars first class users of the roads that go where people need to in order to accomplish their lives.

Enjoy your time in fantasyland, the rest of us live, bike - and in select cases like mine, accomplish bike-based-lives in a more complex place called "reality"

Last edited by UniChris; 07-31-23 at 08:17 PM.